8/12/19 - Rest day near Florence, Oregon - Summer 2019 in the Pacific Northwest - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2019

8/12/19 - Rest day near Florence, Oregon

Today was a much needed rest day after 13 days of cycling. Found lodging on a lake just south of last night’s park. This is a charming little place with six rooms located on Woahink Lake. 

Today we worked on route details including overnight stops for the rest of Oregon and the first part of California. Before leaving the campsite this morning I asked neighbors Mike and Line if they would look at the CA maps with me for some more inputs since they live in Santa Cruz. We had a great visit and I took a lot of helpful notes. 

Back to cycling tomorrow. Looks like more great weather ahead. Some hilly terrain, of course. The scenic views are worth it. The Oregon State Park system has a LOT of roadside parks with public access down to the beach. Seems like every mile or two in some sections. And the campgrounds are great. The hiker/biker sites are all a little different so far. They have ranged from individually numbered sites to an open area to an uphill, narrow, curved path through the woods with plenty of roots. It all adds to the adventure. 

Today's ride: 3 miles (5 km)
Total: 579 miles (932 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0