Ready? Set? Dunno: It's the night before Jitters - Grampies on the Go - Again! Summer 2012 - CycleBlaze

April 23, 2012

Ready? Set? Dunno: It's the night before Jitters

It's the night before we set off. For days we have been scratching chores off lists, thinking of new stuff, and scratching them off. Now we are not only ready, but we have forgotten the details of things we prepared months ago.

We have kissed our friends goodbye, tried to explain the whole thing to the cats (very unsympathetic reception there), loaded the van, and now we are just sitting here jittering and waiting for morning.

It's dumb, because it's not as if we are going to be cycling tomorrow. First we need to cross the continent. We need to ride the van, a bus, a train, another train. We need to bring Avi and Violet in Montana the new bikes we found for them, and we need to check up on Amelia in Montreal and her new brother or sister, still under construction. Only then (May 20) will we truly be leaving.

Yet tomorrow is the day. Anything we forgot or misplaced as of now will not be coming. Anything we have not planned or figured out by now will be a problem for later. And we have shut down and will not see again for six months our beloved luxuries: hot tub, comfy bed, fridge full of fresh fruits and veggies. Waaah!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0