Count down - Two sisters, four wheels: Saigon to Bangkok - Vol.2 - CycleBlaze

Count down

Two days of work left, till we’re off to Saigon – time to get the journal started.

Two years ago, we (my sister and me) also chose Saigon as our tour-starting point. From there we cycled the Mekong delta, went to Cambodia and visited Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat, and made our way back to the Mekong to pay a brief visit to Laos. We then crossed the border to Ubon Ratchathani in Thailand, went to Ayutthaya by train and flew back to Germany from Bangkok.

This time we want to take a slightly different route. Since we already visited Saigon and don’t want to cycle the Saigon traffic, we chose a homestay in the Mekong delta as our starting point. We booked a room for 2 days at the “Ben Tre Farm Stay” and will start from there. Someone of the staff is going to pick us up at the airport with a 7 seater Minivan – so transporting the bikes should be ok.

We are planning cycle the delta again, cross the border to Cambodia in Hà Tiên, follow the road to Cham Yeam, and then cycle to Bangkok, to catch the flight home.

As always, we will see how this plan will hold up, once we’re on the road.

Two sisters no wheels
Heart 7 Comment 3
Ralf ReinartzViel Spaß und bleibt gesund
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Christian TaubenheimMatsch fann, girlz!!!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Ute NonhoffTo Christian TaubenheimHam wa :)
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Frank RoettgenCan´t wait to read about your ride and enjoy the corresponding photos! Have a good flight to Saigon, stay safe on the roads and have a great time! Frank
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Ute NonhoffTo Frank RoettgenThanks a lot :)
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Friedrich NonhoffHi Ute + Ruth haben eure Nachricht von der Ankunft erhalten. Wünschen gute Fahrt.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago