Day 2: another coast on the coast - Coasting the New England Coast - CycleBlaze

September 25, 2021

Day 2: another coast on the coast

Well, pedaling, anyway

It started in York Beach with breakfast at Molly-O’s, and ended at Newburyport viewing double rainbows. I suggested a route detour which I though would get me in trouble when I mentioned to my wife we should ride out to see the Nubble. We cycled to the Cape Neddick point, and the view of the lighthouse (Nubble) didn’t disappoint. 

Stepping out of our room, the day just begun; poking through the clouds the first view of the sun
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a sight! A house of light!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Riding south out of York Beach for a little over a mile we hugged the beach on the coast - definitely worthwhile. 

Maine can definitely boast about its rocky coast
Heart 0 Comment 0
If you look carefully you should be able to see buzzing about the flower is a honeybee
Heart 1 Comment 0

We began to see traveling north lots of bikes, the sight of them something Kathy likes. The riders passed by in the opposite direction and we waved to each rider trying to get their attention. What was this event with so many riders we wondered, till we stopped at their rest stop - it was the Seacost 100. Spinning on two wheels traveling south, we crossed the Piscataqua River into Portsmouth. The next experience on day 2’s tour, was riding south along the coast of New Hampshire.

This was our view about halfway along the coast on NH route 1A
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying the view along our route’s path - go get ‘em, Kath!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Pulling into Salisbury under sunny skies we get a chicken sandwich for lunch with some “boardwalk fries.” The best part about lunch was taking a break; the chicken was dry - worse than an overcooked steak. Ten minutes after lunch with culinary choice regrets, we passed over the border into Massachusetts. 

The scene of the gastronomical crime at lunchtime
Heart 0 Comment 2
Lednar De NallohHow lucky are you to travel with your favourite travelling companion, and staying with the rhyme you deserve a medallion.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Paul MulveyTo Lednar De Nalloh@Lednar - it was quite the sensation to receive your appreciation. Hope you enjoy reading about the rest of the trip; if I were you it’s a journal I definitely would not want to skip ;-)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Along the coast no matter which way we face, views like this become commonplace
Heart 0 Comment 0
There’s a pot of gold or so you thought, but the prize at the end of this rainbow is a yacht
Heart 2 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 94 miles (151 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0