Kinsarvik to Lofthus - Midtsommer - Mediterranean to the Fjords - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2023

Kinsarvik to Lofthus

Steve’s last minute planning, taking into consideration the latest weather updates, and his good luck, once again worked for us.  It was scheduled to rain all day today but yesterday we had a beautiful hot and sunny one, so we opted for the tent in a campground last night even knowing that we would have to pack up in the rain this morning.

Yes this morning it was drizzling but no huge downpour.  We had a drawn out breakfast in the campground’s kitchen with its bay of patio doors and by the time we were finished  the rain had stopped. 

We packed up and headed down the fjord 11km to Lofthus where we had booked into a lovely hostel for two nights.  Our plan tomorrow is to hike one of H.M. Queen Sonja's favorite hikes, known in Norway as “Dronningstien” (Queen’s Path), high on a ridge between Kinsarvik and Lofthus.  And the weather is promising to be okay, cloudy but no rain until later in the afternoon.  Let’s hope Steve’s good luck continues to hold!

We stopped in the village to buy groceries and then climbed to the hostel.  Check-in wasn’t until 3pm and since it was 2pm and lunchtime for us, we sat at a comfy table on their covered patio and enjoyed our lunch, as the rain moved in.  By 4:30 we were in the outdoor hot tub, a first on this trip; and looking forward to a good night’s sleep before the hike tomorrow. 

One last look at this gorgeous view.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Morning ferry. We will take it back to Utne in two days time.
Heart 3 Comment 0
It’s cherry season on the fjord.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coming into Lofthus.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Lofthus Hostel
Heart 2 Comment 0
Private room with shared bathrooms.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 11 km (7 miles)
Total: 3,268 km (2,029 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0