Well, our bags are packed, we're ready to go.... - We'll Follow the Sun - CycleBlaze

October 31, 2018

Well, our bags are packed, we're ready to go....

The long goodbye is over and the adventure begins!

It's Halloween here in BC and we are holed up in our room at the Accent Inn, ready to have a quiet evening before our 5:30 wake up call to get the the airport and begin our adventure.  Yuck!  I hate early mornings, and I'm betting that we won't sleep much tonight (I never do, before beginning a trip).  Hopefully we won't have any little Trick or Treaters coming to our door, lol!  

The past couple of weeks have been full of family time, including visits to the pumpkin patch and soccer games.  It has been a whirlwind and to be honest, we are happy to have made the decision to stay at a hotel near the airport rather than make one of the kids get up and drop us off in the morning.  One night of calm after so many busy nights is quite the treat.  

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jim showing off his mad soccer skills to Keenan
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
One last beach visit up here - looking forward to many more in the coming months!
Heart 2 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesThe quintessential BC beach scene.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceTo Steve Miller/Grampies😎
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

In between fun times with the grandkids, we were furiously packing and sorting through our things, trying to pare down what we store even more.  In the end, one vanload went up to Jim's brother's storage space to await our return in March.

We are hoping to cut it down even more, but for now, this is it!
Heart 1 Comment 0

The bikes are tucked away in their boxes and the panniers fit nicely into the storage bags from Ikea so that we can say one bag :) each!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

And that's it!  We're all checked in online and hopefully Alaska Air is as good as their word, charging us $25.00 for each bike - great deal!  Next post will be from Austin where we will be for a month.  I won't post each day as we won't always be cycling there, but will post a few of the great rides we enjoy when we are there.  For now, buenas noches, y'all!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Annie HeppSee you guys soon!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceTo Annie HeppSoooooooooo excited!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesWe love the Accent Inn - with its large rooms and airport shuttle. Have a great trip!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceTo Steve Miller/GrampiesYep! It's a winner for sure! Perfect for the cycletourist on the go! 😊
Reply to this comment
5 years ago