Into the city - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

July 17, 2021

Into the city

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today we head into downtown Minneapolis where we have a hotel reservation for the next two nights. Therefore we have a short day. We slept in and got a late start. We don’t want to get into the city too early and have to wait around to check into our hotel. The route today starts out on a road, then we get onto a bike trail and ride it into the city. We rode 10 miles and then found the Rush Creek Bike Trail. Minneapolis has a great system of bike trails and there were plenty of people using the trail. We rode the trail for about 8 miles and then it intersects with the West River road trail. This trail is part of MRT and follows the Mississippi River. We followed  this trail, which sometimes goes on roads, all the way down to downtown Minneapolis.   We pull up to our hotel and we are happy that they let us check in early. During our stay in Minneapolis we are visiting with Joel and Becky. Joel is Janet’s nephew and brother of Ann. Ann, Mark and Louis brought us an awesome lunch way back in Sandpoint, Idaho.  For the first time in 6 weeks we rode in a car as Joel and Becky drove us to lunch. Tonight we are having a homemade dinner in Joel and Becky’s condo. Joel and Becky have been very generous with us and have been very nice to us. 

Tomorrow is a rest day. We are excited to visit with some friends from Rochester tomorrow. I will not be posting a journal entry tomorrow. 

Rush Creek Bike Trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting closer to Minneapolis
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Joel and Becky.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 2,108 miles (3,392 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0