Great lunch day. - The Metal Hip Club attempt the Northern Tier. - CycleBlaze

June 16, 2021

Great lunch day.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0


The rain ended over night but a cold front came through so it was a bit chilly to start the day.  In previous posts I mentioned how long it takes us to pack up in the morning. Patrick told me that it takes them 30 minutes to pack up in the morning. Frankly, I did not believe him.  Today we saw it in action and it was unbelievable.  Not only are they fast, but, they are quiet.  They are fast, efficient and have economy of action and tasks.  After years of touring they definitely have it down to a science and it is remarkable!

An hour after Rachel and Patrick left we started our ride.  The ride today is about an average to shorter day that is broken up into 2 major segments.  The first part is 24 miles long and the second part is 13 miles.  The day was perfect, sunny and about 70 degrees.  We cruised along at a good clip, having a great time.  Ross had a bear jump out in front of him.  I was about an eighth of a mile behind and I saw this animal run in front of Ross and then turn around and go back into the woods.  Ross stopped and got a good look at him and then the bear ran into the woods.  Second bear sighting of the trip.

After 24 miles, we stopped for lunch at Kootenai Falls.  There was a picnic area and a snack shack.  We had a nice lunch and then Ross and I went to investigate the falls and the swing bridge.  We had a great time looking at the falls and walking around.  After the break, it was a nice ride into Libby, Mt.  We got a room in a motel so we can clean ourselves and clothes.  After cleaning up we went out to the brewery with Rachel and Patrick.  Our paths are diverging tomorrow, but, hopefully we will meet up again in the next couple of weeks.

The next few nights are going to be in remote areas of  Montana and there will be no services.  We are going north to Eureka and then down to Whitefish.  I will update our posts when I get to Whitefish.

One other thing, I called support for our tent manufacturer.  We have a Big Agnes Copper Spur and the Big Agnes company is shipping a new tent pole to West Glacier, where we will be on next Monday.  I am really impressed with the support from the Big Agnes company and I really like the tent.

Leaving the campground
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is where our campground was.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kootenai falls
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The swing bridge
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 641 miles (1,032 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0