Finally - back on the bikes - Canadian Maritimes June 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 26, 2023

Finally - back on the bikes

Annapolis Royal to Kingston on Rte 201

We took the road rather than the path as the forecast was for showers but manageable for riding and Margaret and John G. had ridden a few miles on the trail and agreed with Suzanne that it was not in good shape - lost off deep sand and gravel. Re 201 turned out to be a great road for riding. Great surface and almost no cars. It showered in the morning. Enough to get us pretty wet, dried up for the next 20 miles, and then a wicked down pour for the last seven miles. John, John, Margaret Smith and I were DRENCHED! The others got in a little ahead of us and got into a small restaurant mostly before the downpour. It still was a good ride but I don’t want to ride in the rain anymore. 

People We Meet: Susan and Ron- they run a small stand they call Vegie Table. Cute. He was a long distance trucker before retiring and his run was from Kingston to Waterbury, Vermont (where John and I live) picking up Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. The plant is in Waterbury.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I was especially glad to see this sign since the road was not one Nancy had a lot of time to scope out.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 570 miles (917 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0