Annapolis Royal - Canadian Maritimes June 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 25, 2023

Annapolis Royal

Fog fog and more fog

it happened again. Bad weather, fog, wet roads, small shoulders and anticipating an old Victorian house style B&B. We rode in the van to Annapolis Royal. It was too early to check in so we set off in small groups to explore this historic site and town. Ken, Nancy, Cal, John and I found the start of the trail for tomorrow, found our B&B, and then a small German restaurant that was really good. Then we explored the Main Street through town checking out galleries, gift stores, and a bookstore. We walked a board walk along the bay to St Ann’s Fort museum and park. It was full of historical artifacts and informational pieces including an eight foot high by eighteen foot wide needlepoint tapestry that depicted four centuries of Fort Ann history. The grounds were incredibly well kept and a pleasure to walk through. The fog had dissipated during our lunch so we actually had a lovely afternoon exploring this charming town.  We returned to the German restaurant for our group dinner. No biking but a really good day.

The bike path we have planned to ride tomorrow for 36 miles.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It looks good. Cal and Ken walking a bit on the path.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The German restaurant.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The whole gang except for Margaret S who took the photo
Heart 0 Comment 0
People We Meet: Suzanne, front of the house at our German Restaurant. She managed all the guest interactions: waiting on tables; serving the food, and filling us in on many things local. Especially that the bike path we were planning to ride was in terrible shape and we should ride the road. Nancy will need checking it out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Suzanne’s parents Who do most of the cooking and baking. It’s a family business.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0