A Van Ride, a Ferry Ride, and a Bike Ride - Canadian Maritimes June 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2023

A Van Ride, a Ferry Ride, and a Bike Ride

Leaving NovaScotia; arriving in Prince Edward Island

Finally back on our bikes. The day started with a short ride in the van to a longish ferry ride from Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island. Then a 41 mile ride to Montague in Prince Edward Island.

We started out along the southern shore to Cape Bear. John and I meet up with Vicki, Marlene, and Margaret Smith for lunch at the Cape Bear light house. 

Once on PEI we exited the ferry and went to a parking area by this light house, got our bikes off the truck, and headed out.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking across to the ferry.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding through some fertile farm land.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sharon on the flat horizon.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More farming
Heart 0 Comment 0
People We Meet: Paul, a tour guide. He filled us in with some info about PEI. He was touring a couple to the light houses of PEI.
Heart 0 Comment 0
He was shopping then the Cape bear light house today. John and I stood at the bottom so you can see how big it is.
Heart 0 Comment 0

From the light house we rode through a small town to our first connection of the Confederation Trail. It has been badly damaged by Hurricane Fiona last fall. It was a mess and we were a little despairing about our 47 mile planned tomorrow with rain and a potentially difficult trail. We’ll see. 4 miles today.

Heart 0 Comment 0
I took this photo of the trail later so we weren’t at “The you are here” arrow is. That was about three days later.
Heart 0 Comment 0
People We Meer: Raymond Deschamps. Karate professional and teacher, retired after fifty years studying, computing, practicing karate. He suggested we Google him and check out his karate photos. I haven’t yet but will.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 248 miles (399 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0