Zanesville, OH to Westerville, OH: - Mackinac Island after abandoning the USBRS (US Bicycle Route System) - CycleBlaze

May 4, 2019

Zanesville, OH to Westerville, OH:

It's a wet cold

We enjoyed our stay in the locally owned Zanesville Quality Inn. For some reason I really liked the murals painted in the pool area by a local artist.

Heart 0 Comment 0
The Jacuzzi mural.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I’ll wait to add more pictures since we don’t have free Wi-fi in this expensive hotel.

We really liked the route Craig planned for us and interestingly USBR 50 joined up with us again. The signage is much more frequent and functional in this area and roads are nice including some trails.

We were getting a little hungry, thinking how nice it would be to have a picnic lunch when I started hallucinating thinking I saw a huge picnic basket in the trees. I grabbed a camera and discovered it was the Longaberger headquarters.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Rain started shortly after and continued for much of the day but only becoming a soaker 10 miles from the hotel. Temperatures probably did not exceed 55 degrees so Rhona pretty well exhausted all her warm weather gear including her waterproof socks and tights. A nice touch over her helmet was the cheap shower cap repaired with electrical tape.

I decided to continue with just bike shorts, sandals, a bike jersey and raincoat on top. Every rain jacket I’ve ever owned leaked and this one was no exception

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rhona pointed out her leg is straighter than the girl in the statue's.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 69 miles (111 km)
Total: 213 miles (343 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0