London - The seventh step ... London to Edinburgh via Land's End and John o'Groats - CycleBlaze

May 17, 2019

London

Today was set aside to get some shopping done and to recover from the flights.  As we get older it seems as if we need more time to get up to speed after long haul flights than when we were younger.

First stop was at an Evans Cycles on Canary Wharf but it was pretty tiny and they directed us to a larger branch in the West End.  So we picked up day passes for the tube and bus network and headed off down the Jubilee Line to Waterloo where we made the long walk to the Bakerloo Line up to Oxford Circus.  The Evans Cycle in Mortimer Street wasn't as big as we were hoping and their stock of winter gear was understandably low given that we are in the UK spring.  Still, we managed to pick up the main item on our list -  Sealskinz waterproof glovesmarked down to half price.  

A quick trip down to Trafalger Square, which we bypassed yesterday, was followed by a small ale (for me) and a cider (for Leigh) at the Moon Over Water, one of the pubs we used to visit years ago. 

Trafalger Square
Heart 0 Comment 0
Trafalger Square
Heart 0 Comment 0
Trafalger Square
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then we headed for Chinatown for a late lunch to celebrate my 59th birthday. 

Chinatown
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chinatown
Heart 0 Comment 0

One of the nice things about our hotel is that we have the bicycles in the room with us.  Bicycle theft seems to be a big problem in London so having the bikes in the room is a big bonus.

Bicycles in our room
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0