To the ‘Forest Police’; 25th March - Japan, Kyushu — testing the waters - CycleBlaze

March 25, 2024

To the ‘Forest Police’; 25th March

Spent a few hours at FamilyMart, enjoying their baked goods and coffee until the shops in Naze opened. 

We wanted to try diving and possibly whale watching in Amami so waited until 9am to try and book those. 

Followed by lunch at this restaurant where MayLyn had a Amami style chicken rice with soup dish. 

Left Naze in early afternoon. Passed a beautiful beach and viewpoint. Followed by a long, twisty, difficult climb made better by the fact that only one car passed us the entire time, t the below viewpoint. 

[viewpoint pic]

After the top, close to the camp site, we stopped by Materiya Waterfall — no one around so we had a quick swim. I kept my shirt on to try and wash away the sweat. 

[waterfall pic]

Pitched up at Amami Forest Police Camping Ground, ¥2000 for the night. Went for a walk down the road as the owner said we may see large frogs the size of grapefruits and the Amami black rabbit. Unfortunately, couldn’t see any wildlife but did hear a lot of croaking from the shrubbery. 

Dinner of seafood flavour Cup Ramen, a more refined version of a Pot Noodle.  

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0