Out of Fukuoka 9th March - Japan, Kyushu — testing the waters - CycleBlaze

Out of Fukuoka 9th March

Heart 0 Comment 0

Saturday 9th March 

Distance: around 10km


all posts to 17th March written on 18th March

_______________

Decided for a short first day to a campground just beyond the edge of Fukuoka.

As it was a short day, spent the morning in a park where I exchanged the oil in the Rohloff. Back in the UK I had bodged exchanging the threaded sprocket to a splined one — I didn’t use the quick release to secure the removal tool in place which meant I stripped some of the driver pockets in an attempt to remove the threaded sprocket. 

I took it to Paradise Cycles who removed the threaded sprocket with the use of a bench vice which offered extra purchase. After some huffing and puffing the mechanic got the sprocket off, but as it came out, a decent quantity of the internal Rohloff oil leaked as the seal was facing down. Not wanting to do an oil change before flying out of the UK, I decided to wait until the start of the trip. 

The oil change was surprisingly easy and we were ready to go! 

We had booked a campsite on the outskirts of Fukuoka. ¥2500 per person, which in hind-site was a bit expensive, considering there was only a portaloo for the facilities. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 10 km (6 miles)
Total: 10 km (6 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0