In Krakow - Krakow to Salzburg 1999 - CycleBlaze

August 24, 1989

In Krakow

Last night was terrible for me.  I alternated fitful sleeping spells with periods where I lay awake, feverish and anxious over how long the fever would persist.  In the morning, feeling weak but completely without appetite, I slept on while Rachael dined alone and went out on her own to explore the town.

By afternoon though I felt significantly better, so we set off to tour Krakow’s famous Wavel.  As we approached the entrance we see singled out by a young lady who offered her services as tour guide.  For the next hour Johanna led us through the Wavel, pointing out its more notable sights and providing an overview of Krakovian history.it was well worth the expense (55 zlotys) to gain some insight into Krakow’s complex past.

The Wawel, or at least a part of it. The Wawel is a large architectural complex that includes the castle and cathedral. Parts of it date to before 1000 AD. It was the first UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Wawel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Wawel.
Heart 0 Comment 0

In the evening we attended the second of our concerts, this time in the philharmonic hall.  Although poorly attended, it was a fine presentation of works by Polish composers, capped by a Chopin piano sonata.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0