Cordoba beyond the Mezquita: ...and saving lives one duck at a time. - Of Kasbahs and Kilts - CycleBlaze

June 2, 2015

Cordoba beyond the Mezquita: ...and saving lives one duck at a time.

Yes, there is more to see beyond the Mezquita. The night we arrived was the night of some festival of some kind that involed all of the humans in and around Cordoba. We wandered the small streets of old town and then across the river via the old bridge to the "new" side of town and there was a party there too.

The cool thing was all the woman, and girls, in Flamenco type dresses. Now THAT is something you dont see every day, at least where I come from.

Party time for the whole town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cute
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Whole families got involved...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0


We also saw the Alcazar, which was kind of a fort back in the day. Now it is a semi interesting building with a very pretty garden. What can I say, I like gardens.

The alcazar
Heart 1 Comment 0
Alcazar gardens
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The old wall in Cordoba. This was the boundry of the old Jewish quarter, back in the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0


Our good deed f the trip, so far, was the rescue of a baby duck. We saw a couple on the street trying to pick the little guy (or girl) up off the curb of the street. How he got there is a mystery but there he was on the curb with cars wizzing by. So Donna picked him up and we made for the Alcazar gardens.

I talked the ticket guy into letting us in and we raced him over to a pond where we thought he might find some cover and perhaps some food, though that was a shot in the dark because we have no idea what baby ducks eat. Anyway. He was looking pretty fragile and weak but when we got him in the water he floated around a bit and had some water to drink and it sort of revived him.

There wasn't much we could do beyond that and I would like to report that someone took the little guy under their wing and he is now a thriving baby duck growing into manhood, but I really have no idea.

Either way we tried, and have our fingers crossed.

Tomorrow head for Granada.

Until then.

The little duck we rescued.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This pic has no special story behind it. I just thought bottles hanging on the outside walls looked cool.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0