Let freedom ring - Of Kasbahs and Kilts - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2015

Let freedom ring

I am having a good time dont get me wrong, but after a little bit of "conventional" vacationing I have decided that bike touring adds an element of freedom that normal traveling just can't provide. There is something liberating about vanishing in the night, or day, with all your things on your bike that you need to survive--kitchen (stove and pot to heat things in and make coffee), lodging (tent and sleeping stuff ) and a few other thing to round out the lot.

i have noticed a few bike tourers and tried to strike up a conversation but as it is now I am not one of them. Ah well, time will change that.

In the mean time we have seen some wonderful things. We are in Cordoba and visited the old Mosque that was take over by the Christians along the line.

I will add more pics of Cordoba soon.

Until then...

We arrived early. If you arrive at 8:30am you not only get free entry (if you sit through mass which we did) but you get to see the place before the hordes arrive in tour busses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cordoba
Heart 0 Comment 0
The place was huge...
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
A bit of muslum and christian mixed together
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The christians put their stamp on the place after they took over from the Moors.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
From the grounds outside...
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking at building from garden
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was carved in the 1500's. Thats some fancy carving.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0