Day 23 - 16 miles Richardson Grove Park to Standish-Hickey State Park - Jack and Janet -- Seattle to Monterey 2010 - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2010

Day 23 - 16 miles Richardson Grove Park to Standish-Hickey State Park

Yesterday was short and sweet. We were up and on the road early to avoid the heat, traffic and to get half of the Leggett climb over with. We did all of that and were in camp before noon! What to do with the rest of the day when you are not biking? Eat, walk, eat, rest, eat, do laundry/shower, eat. Yep that about sums it up. It was a long afternoon! There was a little market and grill across the road from the park and we (Surly gang together again) walked there several times. We did have a pretty good hamburger - grass feed Humboldt County Beef. We were excited at the possibility of free music while we ate but then the band started and it was the one music I have never bonded with...HEAVY METAL. Let's just say the bands played until at least 10pm and could be heard in camp! Then there were the people arriving for their weekend of camping along with their conversations until 2:30AM and do not forget the traffic as this park is right on 101 and the hiker/biker site is next to the road..and right next to the rest rooms which is handy but the constant door slamming and the spot lights all night are not good for sleeping either........ if you want to sleep Standish-Hickey is not the place. Oh, yea there are at least 13 of us bikers here too.....a busy place.On up the hill today and then on to Hwy 1. Hope we have less traffic and more costal vistas and fewer trucks.

Today's ride: 16 miles (26 km)
Total: 823 miles (1,324 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0