Rained out: Sort of - Italy and Spain - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2017

Rained out: Sort of

This my third visit to the Belvedere and the first time that I have been rained out. Some hearty souls did ride but I was not prepared to risk it since I have been here before. It did rain heavily at times and there was even lightning. The guides were very good at keeping the pace slow and cutting the rides short so that everyone arrived back safely. I was quite happy to have another rest day and wander the town. Our riders who went out all dropped down a level to make sure they would be safe. Tomorrow they will step it up a notch.

An anxious group of cyclists just itching to go riding but it was raining hard.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Us just hanging around waiting to decide about riding.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My bike (and Gail's) hanging in the storage area, no riding for it today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kim, Linda and Barb heading off in the Panorama group. (25km and coffee). Yvonne in the background in her Sisters jacket.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yvonne heading off in the leisure group. (17km and coffee)
Heart 0 Comment 0
The new beach location for our start point, lots of upgrades on the beach and the train station.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Anyone have a spare $10,000?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waliking the main shopping street of Riccione in the rain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the locals on his bike in the rain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another thing to do in the rain, shopping for snacks and Diet Coke.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fresh Italian appetizers of pâte, olive tapenade, fresh tomato sauce and a bruschetta salad.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The entire meal was Italian so lots of pasta, veal, fish, ham, cheese and of course tiramisu and gelato.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0