Day 19 - Apgar CG to Whitefish Montana - Idaho to Glacier National Park via Canada - CycleBlaze

August 19, 2017

Day 19 - Apgar CG to Whitefish Montana

Today is the last day of our tour. Even with a fairly short day ahead of us we got up early to avoid traffic. That strategy worked initially. However, as we chose to ride on the flatter main highway, rather than the hilly alternate route, we had some of the worst car encounters on the whole trip. Between road construction limiting the shoulder width, and a constant flow of traffic it sucked. Oh well, we made it to Whitefish in one piece and it was time for some lunch. Billy's daughter Jazmine lives in Whitefish so we setup camp in her yard and wandered around the near by downtown area for the remainder of the day. Glad to be done with todays ride but sort of sad our adventure is complete. It's been an awesome experience.

Lake McDonald in the morning stillness. Smoke on the water, fire in the sky.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Arrived at our final destination, and the largest town we had been around in three weeks
Heart 0 Comment 0
Whitefish has a nice downtown area, we had a celebratory meal there with a few assorted beverages.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stumbled into, and then out of, a free Whiskey tasting. Danger, danger....
Heart 0 Comment 0
Camping at Jazmine's. Awaiting our extraction.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Balou living the good life
Heart 1 Comment 0
Watched the Solar Eclipse from Whitefish. Picture taken with cell phone against eclipse glasses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Stacie drove out to pick us up. We hung out in Whitefish until Monday, then as soon as the Eclipse was over we drove back to Orofino ID.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 713 miles (1,147 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0