Leaving Baisha - 海口→海口 Around the Island - CycleBlaze

February 1, 2006

Leaving Baisha

         Breakfast was boxed milk and theoretically western-style bread. This bread was about as authentic as chop suey, which is to say not very. It was easily one of the most unappetizing things that has ever confronted me of a morning in China. Basically fluffy white wonderbread filled with red bean paste. And not the homemade kind of red bean paste either. Boring, homogenous processed smooth red bean paste. I ate it anyways. And drank my strawberry flavored milk too.

         I'd've been lots happier with baozi fresh and steaming from some street corner vendor along with random fried things (especially random fried things made with meat-like ingredients I don't want really to make too many inquiries about) but that sort of fast food breakfast isn't doable for three dozen people and can't be arranged the night before.

         Chris claimed to be feeling great but was obviously dragging butt even before we left the hotel. However, he resisted all efforts to give him a morning on the truck and rode out with us.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pretty soon we'll be climbing that mountain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 5 km (3 miles)
Total: 203 km (126 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0