Getting Ready to Launch - Grampies Go with the Grands Summer 2014 - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2014

Getting Ready to Launch

Avi and Violet (and Laurie and Dave) walked off the Anacortes ferry yesterday. The boat carried them from their home near Seattle to our Vancouver Island.

The ferry from Anacortes, Washington
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ferry links to Washington. The very top one is the ferry Avi and Vioelt came on.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of cyclists came off the ferry. Their objective, like Avi and Violet, is surely to ride the Goose.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The three Weehoo cyclists, together at the ferry terminal
Heart 0 Comment 0
All the Grands, in a rare shot of them all together.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting for the next cycling stage by making blackberry pie.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting for the next cycling stage by fishing in the goldfish pond.
Heart 0 Comment 0

This cycle ride will be one of those rare ones where there are no bike boxes or duffel bags needed. Like on our first cross-Canada ride, we will just casually peddle down our driveway. The difference is that unlike a run to the grocery, we do not intend to return - that time, for 141 days , but this time, for 7 days.

The bikes are assembled and today we will slowly and calmly load our stuff onto them. Then tomorrow, we are off. Laurie and Dave will cycle along at first - while we head to the ferry at Mill Bay and cross to the Saanich Peninsula - at Brentwood Bay (which can be made out on the map below). After that, we will drop them back at the Anacortes Ferry on the east side of the peninsula near Sidney, and continue to our camping at the north end of the peninsula.

To review - another picture of our route for the week starting tomorrow.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0