Merida rest day - Climbs, Castles, And Cobblestones in Spain And Portugal 2023 - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2023

Merida rest day

Today was a good rest day. We slept in. No alarm clocks!  Eventually we walked around and saw the ancient sights that were close to our apartment. That worked up enough of an appetite that we went to a restaurant Jacinto had scouted out earlier.  We ordered so much food, that we took some to go. I think that’s dinner. 

Right now Jacinto is looking for a grocery store, but they all say closed on Sunday. I might be eating pickles for breakfast! 

My lemonade slush cost more than Jacinto’s beer!
Heart 5 Comment 0
One of the remaining archways of the alcazar.
Heart 4 Comment 0
An exterior wall of the alcazar.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Part of the Roman bridge, from the walking path.
Heart 5 Comment 0
More archways.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Another view.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Now we have crossed the bridge and are walking back on the other side.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The logical place for deodorant is on the mantle place.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Some of our luxurious apartment. I was really counting on a clothes washer. Instead we have a dish washer.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Genny FoxDid you try washing your clothes in the dishwasher?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago

Why do have my best sleep when I don't set the alarm clock? Ah!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonWhat a great day with great photos! I’m glad you could take a well earned rest.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago