Eagle-Rifle, CO - Eschewing glitz and glamour - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2017

Eagle-Rifle, CO

Rifle elevation - 5,345 feet. High point for the day - 6,601 feet.

Coworker Susan drove my van to dotsero to shuttle us around the closed section of the river path. We were so close to being able to ride it. CDOT had only closed the path at noon the day before.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I hate to leave you hanging. Jacinto's 86 year old mother has been doing poorly for awhile. He received word today that they were going to do surgery and if he wanted to see her, he had better hurry.

It was lucky we were so close to Home when we received the news. Within two hours of arriving home we were off again for a 30 hour drive to Mexico. We typically fly, but his mother lives in a remote area that we usually take a bus after the plane. We decided to drive this time so we would have transportation as needed.

Stay tuned for some sort of ride later this summer. It won't be the big ride with Oren. We are all very sad about that, but more concerned about Jacinto's mom.

This trip has been great fun. I would enjoy riding with any of the men again. I'm sorry it had such an abrupt ending.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0