San Carlos de Bariloche: Plans only exist so that they can be changed - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

March 12, 2018

San Carlos de Bariloche: Plans only exist so that they can be changed

We woke up this morning with the rain bucketing down and temperatures hovering just above zero. The weather forecast for this area over the next ten days shows that eight of them will be like today. Crossing back to Chile over the Andes during this period is no longer an option.

So we caught a bus to Bariloche and have booked a ticket up to Mendoza on tomorrow's overnight bus. The temperatures there are forecast to be at least twenty five degrees higher than down here. I hope we will be able to make the adjustment quickly.

Today's bus ride was not without incident. Fifteen minutes out of Villa La Angostura our bus was stopped at a police checkpoint. Two officers boarded the bus and immediately went to the seat diagonally opposite us and arrested the guy sitting there. All rather tense stuff and a new experience for us. I guess that's why we travel. The cops must have had some information that the person they arrested was going to be in that seat because it all happened very quickly and decisively.

We were going to spend a night with a young Argentinian Warmshowers couple in Junin de los Andes who have recently returned from cycling around Europe. It is a pity we missed out on meeting them but we felt the time was right to head for warmer climes.

Villa La Angostura Bus Terminal
Heart 0 Comment 0
Villa La Angostura Bus Terminal
Heart 0 Comment 0
Villa La Angostura Bus Terminal
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 4 km (2 miles)
Total: 2,145 km (1,332 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0