Entre Lagos: Do we go left or right ? - The fourth step ... Patagonia etc - CycleBlaze

March 5, 2018

Entre Lagos: Do we go left or right ?

We woke up not sure where we wanted to go after today. The internet was down so it was difficult to to some research and make a decision so in the end we decided to head for Entre Lagos and defer the decision until then.

It was pretty damp again this morning so once more we took some time to get going. Leigh wanted to get one last look at Volcano Orsono before we left so we started off by cycling down to the lake to have a decko. Little did we know that we would be staring at it for most of the day on our ride. We had to double back (something we both hate doing) for about twenty kilometers before we took the turn northwards towards Entre Lagos. We had a stiff headwind for much after we had climbed out of Puerto Octay and turned southwards on the Ensenada road. Once we turned northwards the wind was in our favour and we raced along until the road was enshrouded by eucalyptus plantation that shielded us from the wind and took away our advantage. The road was pretty quite passing through farmlands apart from the plantation so while it wasn't exciting, it wasn't unpleasant. While we were having lunch a lone female cyclist past us going in the opposite direction and just outside Entre Lagos we were passed by an Argentinian guy and a German lass. Wew had a brief chat with them before carrying on. Other cycle tourist are pretty thin on the ground here compared to on the Carretera Austral.

We blundered around Enter Lagos a bit before arriving at a campsite called, I think, Camping Puyehue. It is right on the lake's edge and we have the place to ourselves. It is fairly neat and functional and at seven thousand pesos for the two of us it is a bargain. The internet connection is also OK so we can't complain.

Not a bad view from the campsite
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 61 km (38 miles)
Total: 2,019 km (1,254 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0