A Quiet Day: Not to Havana today - Searching for Fidel (Tour 9) - 2009 🇨🇺 - CycleBlaze

January 8, 2009

A Quiet Day: Not to Havana today

Another fairly quiet day at the resort. Though our plans had been to go to Havana after breakfast , the sky was still very ominous-looking so we made the call to go tomorrow since the forecast was calling for possible rain today, but clear and warm tomorrow. We went out to the taxis to see if we could arrange one for tomorrow and there was Juan Carlos, our driver from last year. We'll leave tomorrow at 9:00 am.

Looking forward to a day with my nose in a book. We chose two shaded chairs right at the water's edge and read. The waves rolled up the sand and we read. The sky turned black in the north and we read. Then the sky lightened and we read.

Kim and Kyle had been reading, too, and when Kyle headed out snorkeling I got the gear and went out, too. We went to the far side of the 'bowl' and continued back around to where I had never gone before. I dived down into the water to inspect the reef, and now that I have spent a lot of time snorkeling around this reef, I think a lot of it might be dead. Great big pieces of fire coral are broken off and people are constantly walking on it. Very sad, indeed.

Marie-Anne and I were up by the pool bar when Adrian came by and he said that he would like to show us his cousin's cottage up on the mountain top just down from the resort. It seems we might be able to cycle all the way there or at least to the base of the hill below the cottage, then walk the rest of the way up. He is off Sunday so I think that will be the day.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0