Le Petit Train du Nord - Fall Colours - CycleBlaze

October 2, 2016

Le Petit Train du Nord

The Le Petit Train du Nord (the little train of the north) was once upon a time a real railway. It is now a multi-purpose crushed stone and paved trail that is used for walking and cycling in the summer plus cross country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. Because it was a railway at one time the grade seldom gets above 2%. The trail we are riding runs from Mont Laurier in the north to St Jerome in the south and is 200+km long. We were transported by bus from St Jerome to begin cycling in Mont Laurier over the next 3 days and 2 nights. Our luck with the weather gods finally ran out. We rode 54km/33mi in a steady rain and cool temps. The forecast is much better for the next 2 days. We are staying at a lovely B&B and the proprietor let us do our laundry which was a bonus.

http://www.laurentides.com/en/linear-park/maps-train-stations-and-parking

The map of the trail. We are cycling the red line north to south.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The office for the tour company, how appropriate to have a caboose.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Let the cycling begin.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Even in the rain the scenery was beautiful.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
A pause out of the rain. There are multiple rest stops along the trail many of which were built to look like rail cars.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Along the trail we saw a grouse and a white tail deer neither of which we were able to photograph due to the conditions and the location of our cameras.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
O Canada!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
What better way to end a rainy, cool ride but in the hot tub with a glass of wine followed by a nice fire and more wine. Santé !!!!😄
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
There was a 5 course meal for supper. We chose escargot and pepper pork tenderloin and salad and elk bourginione.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dessert was NY cheese cake for us but there were other choices.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Drying our shoes in front of the fire.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 km (34 miles)
Total: 424 km (263 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0