Elvas Portugal - Europe 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 19, 2022

Elvas Portugal

We started biking today. fifteen people mostly from the british Isles, (England, Scotland, Ireland) and one Kiwi from New Zealand.
The one other American stayed at a different hotel last night and did not make it to our hotel in time to join us and is coming a long way by taxi.

Heart 0 Comment 0


We did not start until 1:30 PM and it was hot, hilly, and windy but fun. We crossed to Portugal today and will go back and forth across the border. The road is well paved and has a shoulder in most places. One person brought his road bike from home is racing off in front of us. There was only one main road most of the day and we were allowed to go at our own pace. There is a wide range of ability. I have mostly been near the front but rode in the back for a while before our picnic lunch. We finished at 5:30 Spain time but only 4:30 Portugal time. It was still a long day of bus travel and then setting up the bikes for each user before we rode off.

Heart 0 Comment 0

It was great to be back on a bike and to have other people taking care of all the details.

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 324 km (201 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0