In Girona: Granollers de Rocacorba - An Autumn by the Sea - CycleBlaze

December 14, 2018

In Girona: Granollers de Rocacorba

My English teacher said there’d be days like this.

Today was one of the nicest riding days of the tour, really.  Everything about it was just about perfect,  we took a loop up into the hills northwest of the city, rising high enough above the valley to enjoy awe inspiring views.  Roads were quiet, scenery was quietly spectacular.

So why can’t I think of much of anything to say about it?  One theory is that we’ve had so many really fine days in a row that it’s hard to think of anything really new to say about them.  The other theory, and quite a convincing one really, is that I’m behind on my sleep and worn out by yesterday’s long day in Barcelona.

Regardless of the reason, I’m going to go with it and stop here and take a nap.  Enjoy the photos, and enjoy the video.  

Waiting outside Mercat del Lleo, the city market in Girona, for Rachael and our day’s lunch to appear.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The pedestrian/bicycle Fontajau Bridge provides an easy, low stress crossing of the Ter
Heart 1 Comment 0
Two babes in Girona
Heart 2 Comment 0
Some eucalypts
Heart 2 Comment 0
Today’s ride was very pretty throughout, but I’m adjectived out at the moment. Keeping a daily blog will do that to you, or maybe it’s from waiting for the restaurant to open at 8:30. Brain dead.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Jen Rahn'Adjectived out' ... Definitely a sign that it's time for a nap!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
We’re biking NNW of a Girona here, up a narrow cultivated valley on our way to Adri. Peaceful, scenic, great cycling.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Surprising to see one of these this far inland. Must be another invasive species.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Jen RahnMake sure you don't have any attached to your bikes when you leave Spain! They start out the size of a ladybug ... And look how big they get!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
This formation is well visible from Elevated viewpoints in Girona, but I wasn’t able to find out what it’s name is. Just some mystery mountain.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is just a bit out of focus, but I didn’t have time to try for an improvement as Rachael disappears in the distance.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltSurprised to see Queen Anne's lace still bloomed this late in the season!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daucus_carota
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bill ShaneyfeltI was surprised myself. This one was a real outlier, the only one I’ve seen in weeks. Southern exposure, low elevation.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The church at Granollers de Rocacorba, the high point of today’s ride
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch break, Granollers de Rocacorba
Heart 1 Comment 0

 Xx

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Ride stats today: 47 miles, 2,800’; 3,354 miles, 190,600’

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 3,454 miles (5,559 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Jen RahnVideo song is great for this time of year ... "Ay, que linda la vida sencilla".
Reply to this comment
5 years ago