Austin, Texas - Doyle-Baker ride the Southern Tier - CycleBlaze

March 23, 2018

Austin, Texas

Rest Day

A well deserved rest day after 11 days of riding. We arrived here in Austin, Tx the state capital of Texas  yesterday. Last evening we went down to the Congress Street bridge to watch the Bats fly out from under the bridge at sunset.We walked around the city both days. Today we went to pay homage to Mr. Willie Nelson and viewed his statue on Willie Nelson Boulevard . The artist was told that her only restrictions were, 1. he could not be playing his guitar , he had to appear to be interacting with an audience and there must be a twinkle in his eye. I think  she did a great job at all three but you be the judge. We walked historic 6th street and admired all the beautiful old buildings and dined in a fun Irish Pub where I tried Guinness for the first time, not bad.  The Irish band was pretty good, loud but good.  Drove home past the Capital building, impressive . A nice city Austin. 

sitting at Congress St. bridge park waiting for bats
Heart 3 Comment 0
George appears skeptical
Heart 1 Comment 0
captured a few but camera not adequate for the show
Heart 1 Comment 0
city skyline
Heart 4 Comment 1
Lynda ReidBeautiful skyline, nice capture DD
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
dedication sign
Heart 1 Comment 0
admirers
Heart 4 Comment 0
street signage
Heart 2 Comment 1
Jeannie Bylergreat shot...yes I do like her work...great statue
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
The Great Willie Nelson
Heart 2 Comment 0
more admirers
Heart 4 Comment 3
Jeannie BylerReally nice photo of you 2
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Lynda ReidI recognize that sweater Donna. It's has put on quite a few miles on your back. From NZ to TX on to LA .... We should embroider teeny tiny two letter abbreviations with thread matching the New Zealand emblem and it can be your Tale of the Travelling Threads". Seriously I'll do it for you this summer, so don't leave it behind anywhere.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Donna DoyleTo Lynda ReidWhat a great idea, you are on.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
historic information
Heart 1 Comment 0
Irish pub
Heart 1 Comment 0
historic Driscoll Hotel
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Bob Reidyou do good kid on your commentaries and pictures.
Reply to this comment
6 years ago
Jeannie BylerTo Bob ReidI may never get to Austin, or get to see the country flowers and scenery, so your lovely documentary even more enjoyable. Thank you!!!
Reply to this comment
6 years ago