Drive - Seaside to Barstow - Jack and Janet PhotoBike Tour -Death Valley 2011 - CycleBlaze

February 26, 2011

Drive - Seaside to Barstow

Saturday February 26, 2011

        
361 miles

We were packed and on the road by noon. The rain and snow from the previous night made for amazing skies and snow kissed mountain tops heading down 101 Hwy South. It was a beautiful day to be on the road. Just outside of Salinas we had the most amazing clouds...they were stunning. In places it was rainy and in some places it was snowing..while we were in the sun. Truly a stunning day.

We continued South to Paso Robles where we turned East on 46 Hwy to 99 South through Bakersfield to 58 Hwy East again. We heard at the gas station that 58 might be closed over Tehacjapi Pass as there was quite a snow storm. We were able to get current road conditions from CalTrans and determined it was open and ok to travel. This was very good news and our good fortune as it was a beautiful winter wonderland.

Currently we are in a Motel 6 in Barstow. It is very cold here however the heater in our room works so well we have the windows open. The motel is pretty full and there seems to be a very active child in the room above us. I remembered to bring my ear plugs.......I think they will be needed.

Sky over Salinas today was amazing!
Heart 3 Comment 0
So Hwy 101
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tehachapi Pass-between Bakersfield and Mojave
Heart 2 Comment 0
Green Power
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0