Cols X2: Ever present Mt Ventoux - Cycling Provence - CycleBlaze

May 27, 2017

Cols X2: Ever present Mt Ventoux

Today was another beautiful day in Provence. Since today's ride went in a new direction (ie east) we had Mont Ventoux ever present instead of the Dentelles. We had a long climb out of the gate followed by an even longer one later on into the ride. Kelly managed to ride all of the first and only walked a little of the second where it reached 10%. Since today is Sat the roads and towns were full of cyclists and the motorists, although they drive fast they are good drivers and respectful of cyclists. Our totals today were 67km and 3000ft so a good day in the saddle. It was mostly a rural ride but we did find a tiny village for a coffee stop with an amazing bakery. They also had a potable water fountain with nice cold water, a treat on a hot day.

The famous lavender is growing but it is not yet in bloom however the wild flowered certainly are especially the poppies.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the 2nd climb today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A panorama of the village where we found the amazing bakery and Mt Ventoux in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another Col under our belts.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another view of Mt Ventoux and the countryside.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Map of region where we are cycling
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 km (42 miles)
Total: 180 km (112 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0