Day 6 Salt Creek to Kingston SE - Adelaide to Melbourne - CycleBlaze

October 13, 2009

Day 6 Salt Creek to Kingston SE

There was no change in the weather when we woke up to attack the 85km ride to Kingston, wind slightly more south west making it a cross wind but increasing in strength throughout the day, as did the frequency of the heavy rain showers. There are absolutely no facilities on this stretch of road so we were pleased to see the outskirts of Kingston. Just then a pit bull dog rushed out of an open gate and headed towards us at speed, a speed which we managed to exceed in our attempt to escape. Once we had passed his property he returned home without his mid morning snack of cyclist. As we arrived in Kingston the rain was falling by the bucketful and the wind increased in pace so we did not stop for the customary photo of the giant lobster that appears in most journals. We hit the first roadhouse for a well earned lunch and then headed for the caravan park. We wimped out on the tent site as we feared that our tents would blow away before we could get them up and took a cabin for the night. The cabin was rocking on its foundations with the wind and the rain continued so we were quite happy to be in the cabin.

Kingston Lighthouse
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 87 km (54 miles)
Total: 422 km (262 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0