Get Us Outta Here: Two months off the bikes is too long ...+ 3 maps added - Grampies Go Coastal Winter 2012 - CycleBlaze

November 13, 2012

Get Us Outta Here: Two months off the bikes is too long ...+ 3 maps added

Pedalling through endless wheat and corn fields in France or Germany this Summer (see http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/onthegoagain), my mind would wander back to our home in Cobble Hill, on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. In my imagination I would stand on the deck outside our bedroom, then go inside for a nap on the comfy bed. I could then get up and wander over to look at the bookshelves. Hundreds of interesting volumes, all neat and especially - dry. Before taking one (preferably a travel adventure) down to read, I could throw some steaks on the BBQ and we could eat them with actual cooked vegetables, sitting at an actual table.

Of course, soon enough my attention would be snapped back to that pain in my knee, to the storm clouds we were clearly riding right in to, to wondering if this was really the right road and if we would find a place to sleep tonight, or something to eat. How preferable it would be to be standing on that deck, right now!

Well after flying from London to Montreal and finally crawling by train and van back to Cobble Hill, we have been standing on that deck for coming up to a month. During that time several adventure travel books have got read (plus many Crazyguy blogs), lots of steaks are history, and lots of long naps have been taken. So now what?

Clearly the answer is - get back on the bikes. In short, Get Us Outta Here!

MAP 1.

Cobble Hill to Fort Bragg.

MAP 2

Santa Cruz to ......on progress ....

MAP 3,

Amtrak Surfliner

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0