C2C - Coast2Coast - CycleBlaze

November 13, 2021

C2C

For the last couple of years I have been visiting my sister in Sebastian, FL. at the end of ski season.  Initially, I rode routes and trails in the vicinity of the Treasure Coast but over time began to research options further afield.  Over the last two trips south I've ventured north to the Titusville area and discovered both the Eastern Central Regional Rail Trail and, most recently, the Spring To Spring Trail.  This past spring I learned a 3-mile gap at the eastern end of the Eastern Central Trail had been completed and the wheels started turning.  I discovered the Coast To Coast Trail (C2C) which would make it possible to ride a series of trails 250 miles across FL from St. Pete east to the Canaveral National Seashore.

This ride will, with the support of my sainted wife, Laura, once again will be a solo supported ride.  As with most of my rides, they begin with a bit of sightseeing and this was not exception.

We arrived in Port Richey on Nov. 12 and settled into a wonderful Airbnb.  The following morning we headed to Tarpon Springs where we checked out the local seafood festival and scheduled a sunset cruise to the Gulf.  When rain interrupted our walkabout, we headed to St. Petersburg to locate the trailhead of the Pinellas Trail, tomorrow's starting point.  It turned out to be very fortuitous...the waterfront park where the trail begins in St. Pete was also the site of another festival and the crowd overran the area and made locating the trailhead impossible.  We regrouped, found a local bike shop owner who recommended starting at Tropicana Field.  We located the trail at the MLB ballpark and was able to backtrack it to the waterfront park!

We then headed back to Tarpon Springs in time for our Gulf cruise and an outstanding sunset.

Almost...
Heart 2 Comment 0
Wonderful
Heart 4 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0