The Gap before The GAP - Cherry Picking North America - CycleBlaze

October 1, 2019

The Gap before The GAP

Wondering what we have been up to before this date? Well, we have ridden here and there, but not enough to blog about here, so if you really want to know, check out the blog at thepricesofwandering.com. We rode on PEI and Cape Breton, but as I said, not enough to justify writing about it here. 

We arrived in Homestead, Pennsylvania this morning in the midst of a giant heat wave. We are staying overnight at the Holiday Inn Express where we will leave the van until we return from cycling the GAP/C&O. They were great about letting us leave it there without having made our final reservation since we aren't too sure how long we will be. Having arrived early in the day before our room was ready, we took advantage of the time to ride out towards the start of the GAP in Pittsburgh. It was nice to ride on the trail and get our legs going again after being off the bikes for a while. However, the heat of the day really got to me quickly and so we cut the ride short. I am hoping that an early start tomorrow will help us make the mileage we need to - we shall see! Here are a few pics from our ride.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We rode right past the practice facility for The Steelers, but didn't see any players - too bad!
Heart 0 Comment 0
That truck was propped up on the track, replacing ties. I sure wouldn't want to be up there!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Happy to be riding, even in this heat!
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a cool project!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
There are 5 goats that live here all summer, eating away at the brush and keeping it down.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
And the donkey? He's there to protect the goats! Hahahahha!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 16 km (10 miles)
Total: 324 km (201 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0