March 9, 2023 - All dressed up with nowhere to go... - Portus Cale's Atlantic Coast (Tour 24) - 2023 🇵🇹 - CycleBlaze

March 9, 2023

March 9, 2023 - All dressed up with nowhere to go...

... and a possible stowaway

OUR ongoing preparations continue. I have had my own gear for years but now Alex has to gear up for his tour. Of course, we already have our Arkel panniers - a tour wouldn't be a tour without them.

All kinds of flashy new gear for Alex's first big tour. As much as it would be fun for Winter the snow lynx to join us, I think she'd be dashing after every moving blade of grass. Maybe next time! -- Cochrane, ON
Heart 1 Comment 0
New gear arrived. Five months to go. -- Cochrane, ON
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Jacquie GaudetYou had me confused, Brent! I thought you were going to Spain/Portugal but then I see this trip will be after that. You are lucky to get to travel with your son.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Brent IrvineTo Jacquie GaudetI agree - I am thrilled to finally be able to do a tour with Alex. It's 17 years in the making. I'm also lucky that I get to 'warm up' in Spain and Portugal in the same year. He'd have come, too, but does not want to miss any school.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetWe took our boys on their first bike tour, the Galloping Goose to its end at Sooke Potholes, when they were 10 and 13. They had ridden from Swartz Bay to Victoria many times to visit relatives but never beyond and never carrying anything.

Fast-forward to a couple of years ago and our older son's wedding. In her speech, our new daughter-in-law described how she'd had to buy a bike before she could really feel part of our family because we always rode to Victoria for family events. Everyone who knew us was laughing.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago