The Munda Biddi Trail - Two Good Blokes tackle the Munda Biddi Trail - CycleBlaze

February 29, 2024

The Munda Biddi Trail

Two Good Blokes, One Good Cause.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The Munda Biddi is an off road cycle trail stretching 1067 kilometres between Perth and Albany in the South-West of Western Australia. It traverses the Darling Range and the southern forests and does happen to go through the wine region of Margaret River where  we may have to take a few rest days to rehydrate.

I’m doing this ride with my mate Pete. Together we’ve completed  the Mawson Trail in South Australia and the Tasmania Trail in, surprisingly, Tasmania.

For this ride we have an added mission of raising funds for Cancer Council Research. Our close friend and lead singer of The J Waygood Band, Amy Roberts, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) in January 2023.   She is on a big fund raising mission for the cancer council and will participate in the Shitbox Rally in September this year. We want to raise as much money as we can to help her reach her goal.

IBC is a rare yet highly aggressive form of breast cancer. It attacks the lymph nodes and doesn’t typically display a lump, is usually misdiagnosed as mastitis or another infection, and affects only 1-3% of the 20,500 breast cancer diagnoses in Australia each year (2023 stats, www.aihw.gov.au). Community awareness and research* is critical to ensure this aggressive cancer is detected earlier than it currently is.

Here’s the link to donate.

https://www.trybooking.com/au/donate/twogoodblokes

Rate this entry's writing Heart 15
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Amy Roberts...and counting! It's going to be an EPIC journey, thank you both.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Karen PoretWhat a revelation about IBC! I had a lumpectomy two weeks ago, so this topic is very “close to home”. Good luck gentlemen and praying for Amy!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Dennis LangleyTo Karen PoretThanks Karen. Hope it all goes well with you.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Amy RobertsTo Karen PoretOh Karen, I hope it’s a good outcome… any news? If you need support or just a chat, reach out, it’s a shitty thing 🎀❤️
0401907034 x
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Karen PoretTo Amy RobertsThank YOU Amy!
I will find out in two days what the treatment (s) can be.( HBT) My BRCA score was 24, which is good! This means NO CHEMO! YAY! :)
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Amy RobertsTo Karen Poret❤️
Reply to this comment
1 month ago