Delta blues - Flantastic Voyage - CycleBlaze

October 5, 2018

Delta blues

Hit that stride, Jack

Tomorrow we will pass the southern border of Cataluña. My expectation at this point is that the signs will shift from the Catalan version of everything to the Valencian version, and we'll have a new set of vocabulary to wonder over. We’ve had enough exposure to French, Portuguese, and Italian to be able to figure a lot of it out, and it’s kind of fun. It does make speaking Spanish less enjoyable, knowing that some people might feel that they’re being forced to speak that nasty Castellano stuff with us. Well, mostly Sunyoung. Have I mentioned what a fantastic person she is?

We logged some good km’s today, and experienced a variety of terrain. There was a hill or two, some country roads (including some dirt), and some spectacular scenery. We both felt good despite yet again getting less sleep than normal.

We are camping at a place called Alfacs. It’s smaller than the other two campgrounds we’ve stayed at so far. The road is nearby but otherwise it’s quiet. There are a lot of mosquitoes here.

A bike tourist from Barcelona crossed our path today. He’s riding a folding bike. He seemed very nice, but we sensed that he was into the solitude of solo touring.  Either that or he didn’t feel like talking in English or Castellano after a long day of riding. I suspect we’ll see him again soon.

 We have given ourselves two days to cover the 185km to Valencia. I think we’re gonna make it.

I don’t get all up in your grill, so it’s only fair
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We eat like royalty for next to nothing
Heart 0 Comment 0
... and the view can’t be beat!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Viva Cataluña!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We followed this irrigation canal for quite a ways. It was awesome.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Torre Candela, keeping the delta safe since 1285
Heart 0 Comment 0
Amploy caught us by surprise. Really nice little town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think this was the only place in Amploy open during siesta
Heart 0 Comment 0
Alfacs. ALFACS!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 87 km (54 miles)
Total: 206 km (128 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0