Flanning to flan - Flantastic Voyage - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2018 to September 29, 2018

Flanning to flan

Disclaimer: I have no special interest in flan. It just makes for a cute title. Cava and olives are definitely on the menu, however.

I was somewhat successful journaling on the road in 2015 during our lovely Basses Bikes and Boise trip. I am going to try the same thing, with the same rig (phone+folding keyboard) on this tour.

So far, we have our flight and first three nights taken care of. After that, all bets are off. We tracked down a couple of bike boxes, but otherwise, we haven't started packing in earnest yet. We have a little under 4 weeks to get from Barcelona to Málaga. There will probably be a train trip or two to speed us along, but otherwise it's all going to be pedal-powered.

Sunyoung has been studying Spanish off and on for a few years. I have an upbringing in Southern California and two years of high school Spanish to work from. I think we'll get by okay. We're both eagerly trying to memorize the names of bike parts.

We're bringing our camping gear, and plan to use it as much as possible. If Spaniards eat as late as people say they do, that cook stove is going to come in very handy.

I will try to take some pre-trip photos of our bikes and gear, but they're going to look exactly the same as last time.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0