Too Many Train Stations - Excellent Explorations on the Edge of the World - CycleBlaze

October 30, 2021

Too Many Train Stations

Port Adelaide to Outer Harbour

Well that didn't quite work out as planned.

We thought we'd cycle north this time, up to the Outer Harbour at the end of the Lefevre Peninsula. It makes a nice loop and joins some dots on our must-ride map of Adelaide.

Colourful bunting snapped in the breeze at the Yacht Club, where a party was in progress. We considered crashing the party, but reluctantly conceded that our daggy cycling wear would challenge the yachtie's dress code.
Heart 0 Comment 0

A cold southerly breeze resulted in easy going along the flat shared path. We cycled until we ran out of North.

Next landfall: Antarctica (when facing South, which this isn't, but anyway...). Now get out of the way - nothing can stand between a fisherman and a good fishing position.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Ping!  Message from a child needing urgent information from the external memory bank otherwise known as Mum. Which was a bummer because the information was on the laptop back at home and the child was in hospital and needed it now.  Alas, Roger was left to tootle merrily back along the shared path while I caught the train.

I really would prefer to ride,
Heart 0 Comment 0
but at least it's not crowded.
Heart 0 Comment 0

 In this way I learnt that the train stops at ten stations in ten kilometres, which feels like a lot more stopping than going and had me seriously considering whether I could do the whole thing faster on my bike. This was a moot point of course, because by then I was already off the train, being effusively greeted by the dog, and putting my bicycle away until tomorrow.

Anything is better than nothing.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 13 km (8 miles)
Total: 288 km (179 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0