What a Jeep Ride! To Tatto Village - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

What a Jeep Ride! To Tatto Village

Shaken not stirred

August 30, 2023

We overnighted at a hotel near the Raikot Bridge. Early morning we are in a Jeep heading 16.2km (10mi) to Tato Village. We then start the trek to Beyal Camp in Fairy Meadows.

Oh Boy! What a road! Shaken not stirred! 

According to Atlas Obsura: "There is only one road to Fairy Meadows, and it isn’t your average tricky mountain road; in 2013, the World Health Organization ranked it as the second deadliest road on the planet. The windy narrow gravel mountain road is open to locals only (thanks to the high number of fatalities the way has claimed), who ferry visitors from Raikhot bridge to the village of Tato, one six-person Jeep-load at a time. 

If you make it through the ride without ending up a smoldering heap at the bottom of the ravine that stands in as the “shoulder” of the road, you still have a three- to four-hour hike from Tato before you can take in the hidden splendor of Fairy Meadows. 

But once you’re there, you’ll never want to leave! (Because you’ll be terrified to go back the way you came.)"

We make it to Tato Village and then start walking.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Our jeep and driver on the left, Patrick and Sayed.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Looking back to where we started. So far so good.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Whew, we arrive at Tato Village
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Bill ShaneyfeltAt least the "trampoline of death" has some jungle...

This, on the other hand.
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Rachael AndersonWhat a scary rode on that road!
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
Scott AndersonYow! Unbelievable.
Reply to this comment
6 months ago