Riding the Wheat fields - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2019

Riding the Wheat fields

Pomeroy to Dayton

We started later this morning. Another beautiful day. We finish before noon so it's nice and cool. We were surrounded by golden hills the whole day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The guys!
Heart 1 Comment 0
There really was nothing to stop for so we just kept riding.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The climbing was just before Dayton and we ended up doing 1400 feet!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Then it was downhill the rest of the way into town. Fun ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Traffic was fine today. Plenty of room for everyone on the road.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Such a pretty area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Home for tonight at Blue Mountain Motel in Dayton.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I keep thinking if cyclists could rate hotels, this is what I would require to give a five star: 

Microwave, refrigerator with freezer, table to sit and eat, bed table on each side of the bed, padding in the carpet, a sink that has a working stopper so it holds water for soaking and washing lycra, also deep enough to put a water bottle under, also great tasting water, easy access to groceries, plenty of outlets for charging things, great internet, ice bucket so I can use it for tossing a salad...Have I covered everything?

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 11,833 miles (19,043 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
John PescatoreGround floor rooms for bikers, bananas at breakfast would be my additions.

In the old days, the Weather Channel on the TV was useful - in the WiFi/cell phone age, not so much.

At cheapie places: a door that actually reaches the floor is always nice...
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo John PescatoreOf course! How could I forget ground floor and bananas!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago