Resort Living - Poking Around Europe 7.0 - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2022

Resort Living

A Little Luxury

I am writing this at 10:45 AM and we have made it to the breakfast terrace and back. Our only accomplishment of the day so far. What a pleasure it is to eat all our meals outside in the shade, and still be warm. We can’t do that in the summer in Victoria, for goodness sake. We spent our time over our excellent breakfast discussing the next few days generally, and today, specifically. Then we ambled back to our huge room and this happened.

The CN may have some trouble motivating his sidekick!
Heart 6 Comment 0

Well, he did motivate me with the prospect of exploring Luz and a hike. We have done both. There is usually a reason touristy places are touristy, and in this case it is climate plus scenery. Luz is also known as one of the quieter places in the Algarve, and trust me, if I lived in Great Britain I would be coming down here and enjoying the climate in the same way Canadians flock to Mexico in the winter. 

Warm, beautiful and amazing food. An unbeatable combination.
Heart 7 Comment 0

We hiked 10 km on an up and back hike. A bit of a photo dump will follow. Back in town I had a glass of wine to celebrate. The sensible CN had a Coke, but despite that he is napping by the pool as I write this. 



The church just before the beach.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The interior of the small church.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Black rock.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Home on the way to the trailhead.
Heart 5 Comment 0
The beach as we walked by.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Looking down.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
This is an amazing place.
Heart 6 Comment 0

On the way down from our hike we met Annette from Hamburg. Another one of those encounters that remind you the world is a wonderful place, full of wonderful people. We chatted about hiking and a shared love of quiet and the outdoors. She gave us some great tips for down the road. It was just a super encounter. 

We hope Annette has many years of hiking ahead.
Heart 5 Comment 0

Tonight will be more exploring of Luz and dinner so I will consider the blog done. We still haven’t decided about tomorrow but I suspect the slow show will continue, so here is a musical interlude. Keith enjoys listening to this at home when he wants to relax. We really don’t pretend to understand the lyrics, and it has nothing to do with cycling, but here is The Slow Show. 

https://youtu.be/ZTQwhKK4mRI

And one last picture. Dinner was delicious. 

Nom nom! Keith says the best dinner yet. We have made a reservation for tomorrow night, so I guess that means another night in Luz. The decision was made over dinner.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Rachael AndersonWhat an amazing hike. We stayed in Lagos a few days and did some amazing hiking there!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kathleen ClassenWe are jumping on the bikes and doing a day trip to Lagos today. Really looking forward to it.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesThe buildings are so white! Your photos are starting to look a lot like Portugal!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith ClassenType your comment here
Reply to this comment
1 year ago