End of Day Log Entry - On Patrol NJ 2020 - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2020

End of Day Log Entry

Wow 11:22 pm.  Bill and I are in our overnight outdoor accomodations on the lawn of the East Point Lighthouse.  This place rocks.  Sits maybe 60 yards from the water.  The care takers Nancy and her husband are so nice.  They work hard to keep the place running.  Without boring you too much the structure is challenged by the Bay which is trying to reclaim its land.  The pumps that remove water from the basement are constantly running and being damaged. 

It would be so sad to see it go.  The structure at one time was abandoned and vandals accidently set it on fire.  Looking at it today you'd never know that happened.  

Anyway, we had a great ride on the ferry to start the day.  Met several retired and fans of the Coast Guard throughout the day. Many wete attracted to Bill's  Coast Guard socks.  Yes, his socks!

Anyway, the roads are pretty to start running the Delaware Bay - liked that.  Then they got busy had we headed north and inland.  

Bill saved the day and many miles by getting us back on track after I blew past a turn.  The alternate road was so calm and rural  - a welcome break.  

I'll post pictures tomorrow hopefully. 

Thanks for following!!!M  Must go to bed now or read my book.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Bill getting ready after ferry ride.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Retired last Guard engineer...he saw Bill's socks and came to chat as we sailed across the Bay.  Cool right....

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Tamora StumNice Socks Bill !!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Keith A. SpanglerTamora it was great to have Bill along. I think we attracted other veterans, I can’t remember them all.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago