Rest Day in Samara - Costa Rica Trails - CycleBlaze

October 31, 2022

Rest Day in Samara

Today was a rest day from the bike but it did not stop us from doing  other activities.  We went on a Canopy Tour in the morning that was an absolute blast.  It involved zipling and rappelling.  One of the ziplines was done standing on a surf board and the other laying in a harness in a Superman pose.  The longest zip was 550m and it was all in the tree canopy, hence the name.  I have photos below but if you want to get the feel you need to look at my Facebook posts where there are videos.  We were going to go kayaking among the mangroves but we decided lunch, beer and a nap was a better idea.  Tonight is Halloween so there was celebration in town with a band and big headed costumed participants.  Manu also gave us a brief dancing lesson but it quickly became to hot and sweaty to continue. 

Where we had our rest day
Heart 0 Comment 0
The name of canopy tour company
Heart 0 Comment 0
The view from the top where we started.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me on the flying surf board
Heart 1 Comment 0
The back of the shirt of our 3 guides, all of whom were excellent.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim waiting to walk up the swinging steps, this was his greatest fear.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I did the last rappel head first.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonI always knew you were a bit crazy, but now here is a photo that proves it!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Coming in for a stop on the zip.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our guide Fred demonstrating the surf board zip technique. I had never done this before nor the Superman position.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The gang at the start. Two Brits, two Canadians, 1 German and 1 from Holland. She was a last minute participant and she had a blast.
Heart 1 Comment 0
All of us in our Superman suits.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Suzie coming in for a landing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch called Casado con filet de pollo, aka ride and beans with chicken and salad. Delicious.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Starting down the first rappel in the traditional way.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Where we had lunch.
Heart 2 Comment 0
One of the Halloween characters.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim doing the salsa with Tanya from Germany.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Heather ParryLooks like you’re all having a blast!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago