Back on track - The ninth step ... Somewhere in South Africa - CycleBlaze

Back on track

It is now almost three and a half months later than we hoped to set out but it seems that we will eventually hit the road again.  With the COVID-19 pandemic still raging it seems that we will be stuck in South Africa for some time to come but we are both suffering terribly from cabin fever so we just have to get back on the bicycles again.

We have spent the most of the past few months in the eastern lowveld of South Africa enjoying the wildlife of the Kruger National Park in the warmer weather closer to the equator.  We are currently back in the Eastern Cape and hope to start cycling northwards from Colchester, just outside Port Elizabeth, on Tuesday the 24 with the aim of making it to Upington in the Northern Cape for Christmas.  Our planned route bisects the Karoo and reaches the edge of the Kalahari, taking us through some of the least populated areas of South Africa.

Heart 0 Comment 0

With the change in plans, I have changed the title of the journal accordingly.

We have not been on our bicycles for more than a month and are the least fit we have ever been at the start of a tour so we are going to take it especially easy at the start.

Let's see how it goes.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0