Off to Spain - Six weeks in Europe - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2023

Off to Spain

After my ride yesterday and D&L’s tough hike we decided a rest day of touring was in order.  Today is Linda’s 65th birthday so we told her should could do whatever she wanted and we would go along.  We started with organizing e-bikes for D&L to rent on Monday so we could all go for a ride in the valley.  Next we drove the back roads into Spain to see a few of the sites across the border.  It was mostly a nice day so we stopped in a town called Bossòst for a tapas lunch.  After lunch we returned to town but first we drove to the top of the Col de Peyresourde to see I have the courage to tackle it.  I am still thinking.

The St Maria de Bossòst chapel dating back to the 6-7th centuries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our lunch stop in the square next to the chapel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our tapas lunch
Heart 0 Comment 0
Plus gambas (prawns).
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying the prawns
Heart 0 Comment 1
The Main Street of Brossòst with its plane trees.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The chapel of St Fabian one of the 7 small chapels in the area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A view of the town from across the river
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had to climb out of the valley back to France and this is Bossòst below.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A monument to the Tour de France that goes over this climb ever so often as part of the race in the Pyrenees.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Spanish climbers involved.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the way up the Col de Peyresourde, that is not in this years race, we saw various tributes to the event.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The birthday cake made by our hosts for Linda’s birthday, no garlic or onions.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The view out of my bedroom window tonight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The profile on which I am contemplating an attempt.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Hilary JaegerI say go for it! It’s nowhere near as hard as Ventoux, and you’ve done that twice…
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0